This was a big week! The Merchant Home officially launched on Monday, and the support, interest, and conversation has been wonderfully encouraging. My favorite part has been meeting new friends as they sent their encouragement along on instagram and twitter, and reconnecting with old over such a shared conversation. And, I'm personally thrilled (and honestly, relieved!) to finally have a "face and a name" online for the creative mission I so believe in.
In a most heartfelt sentiment, thank you for taking the time to stop by and learn a bit more about myself and The Merchant Home. There is much more to come, and I can't wait to share.
For now, here are some links that caught my eye this week:
- i'm searching for the perfect tee, and thinking about trying Pickwick & Weller.
- a must read- this overview of American manufacturing for WWDMAGIC.
- so excited to see The Collective Quarterly featured on Hypebeast.
- loving Caitlin's new video and her thoughts on belongings with meaning.
- a view i'll never tire of. and, this one too.
- the folks over at Trend Bible highlight their SP/SM 2014 Home trends.
- finally toured The Gamble House in Pasadena this weekend- so good.
- just discovered California Sunday, and can't wait to read more.
- thinking about checking out Flora Grubb's pop-up market on Saturday.
- thanks to Simone for the new profile shots- this girl is a kindred spirit.
- and, this post by Chelsea may have me leaving my rainboots inside tomorrow.
Finally, in the spirit of sharing resources, here's the sourcing for the photo props used on The Merchant Home. Did I tell you how much I loved playing stylist here?
Magnolias from Studio Choo, plants from Flora Grubb and Half Moon Bay Nursery, italian glass jars from Kevin West, dinnerware from Heath Ceramics, terracotta pots from Terrain, textiles from Ace & Jig, Anthropologie, and Terrain.
So, there it is, you now know all of my secret sources. Enjoy!